Thursday, August 27, 2009

Fall/Winter 2009 Purchases

So I've decided to make a few purchases for Fall/Winter to update my wardrobe. Nothing too crazy. I'm kinda broke so might just end up buying on or two things. Here's what I want so far. Some items might be deleted or added as I see fit but this is my basic list.

1. Small leather jacket like a bomber jacket- All the girls in Paris were wearing them even if it was like 80 degrees. I'm not sure if I want a black one or different color. It's funny because when I went to the flea market in Paris they had all these vendors selling these cute small leather jackets like this one. I was so afraid of my lack of French skills I didn't go up to them and buy one. It's one of my regrets about the trip when it comes to what I should have bought when I was over there. Anyway I love the look of this jacket with some slacks or jean trouser jeans. Since it never gets that cold here I can wear it a lot.

2. Short boots. I've got all kinds of boots in black and brown but most of them are high heeled in some manner whether it's a wedge or platform heel. I really want a low pair that is comfy and stylish enough to wear with leggings and a dress. I also want them to be nice. I'm a huge fan of Loefflar Randall but my pocketbook doesn't really care for them. I've wanted some for awhile but I'm not going with the platforms since as mentioned earlier I have to many high heeled boots. I'm not saying I'm buying the flats either just something similar to this one. J.Crew has some really nice ones I've got my eye on but not sure yet if I'll get them.

3. Long strand of pearls. Not real ones of course. For everyday use to funk up some outfits.

4. Blazer-I'm in love with this schoolboy blazer from JCrew. They've got other colors but I kind of like this color b/c it would totally pop with pretty much anything. Ok, I'm just going to ahead and say that I love pretty much anything from the JCrew catalog but this is one of my favorite pieces.

5. Pencil Skirt- I totally want a denim pencil skirt that JCrew has in their current catalog but I'm really in need of a nice black pencil skirt. I've got lots of black skirts but none of them are that one truly great fitting black pencil skirt that you need in your wardrobe.


6. Philip Lim Black leather skirt-It's totally out of my budget but it's so damn cute. I think I could wear this skirt for many winters/falls. It's leather but it looks so light and soft. Maybe if I gave up going out for a month I could save enough to buy it. Hmm is it worth it? I'll have to sleep on it or go out and close some sales.

7. Leather leggings-I'm loving the way they look in catalogs and magazines but I'm not sure how they'll work on me. I've seen quite a few pairs from Alice+Olive, Vince and others but for 800.00 I'm going to take some BR black leather pants to the seamstress and have her tighten the shit out of them. I've got two pairs of the same pants so if she fucks them up I can always wear the other ones. Don't ask about that.

8. Anna Sui Collection for Target -I'm a fan of their designer collections as you can see from my previous posts so I'll be hitting up the local Target to get me a piece or two if it fits right. Nothing worse than being excited for Target's collections and realizing that all their stuff fits really bad.

9. American Apparel Shirt Dress-I saw this in their store and fell for it. I was buying my red dress for the Red Dress Run so I couldn't buy it. Budget you know. It's really absolutely cute and I could wear it with tights and those short boots. Speaking of tights I bought this sheer tights in Paris that I'll be rocking this winter

10. Denim Tunic Dress-Nicky bought one while we were in Barcelona. I wanted one but didn't buy one because I didn't want to seem like I was biting off her style so now I'm left with wanting one. Haven't done to much searching on it but shouldn't be hard to find one.


No comments: